On the demise of a neighbour

.........sad that our neighbour passed away due to a massive stroke.

Was it his compound wall demolishing sounds & vibrations the culprit? 

It was a sheer co-incidence that today's newspaper front page had a report http://goo.gl/Fz5u0
'Noise Pollution kills. Says study' in TOI, Thiriuvananthapuram Edn.

Morning, I woke up hearing heavy thumps and demolishing sound nearby....
Saw that some masons were demolishing a strong compound wall of one of my neighbours ..... 
so as to make way for car to enter his compound.....

Evening, when I returned, saw few people in and around his home .....
Came to know that he had collapsed while helping the masons demolish the wall ...... and was taken to hospital....... It was told that it was a case of heart attack/stroke.

While paying homage to him saw the grief of the family in the air.

I remember the first time I talked with him.....
Hearing the sound of water overflowing since hours during night time, I could locate that it was from his water tank and they might have forgotten to switch off the pump... Found out his phone number through net, called him by 01am and told about my discovery..... He came outside and understood that it was indeed from his water tank.... and switched off the pump.....
He was grateful and thanked me next day.......

I used to see him  regularly when I get down from my bus and walk home during evening..... Yesterday evening too I felt that I saw him there, but fatter ...... but it might have been someone else..... I walked home ..... and then heard the shocking news.......

Let the almighty give courage and strength to his sorrowing family.
May his soul rest in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the new assignment of Dr.Meenu

Forward Trajectory of Bijoy ........